The DAISSy Research Group of the Hellenic Open University (HOU), the Greek project partner, has been monitoring the impact of the Librarian education and training opportunities context in Greece and the findings are precious!
- Many librarians were involved in the BIBLIO activities in Greece and already sought a new second phase!
- Although the project has slightly affected how librarians are trained in Greek public Universities, it has strongly influenced their will to develop themselves.
- BIBLIO showcased a new context of forming a constant relationship between formal and non-formal librarianship in the digital era!
During the implementation of the “BIBLIO: Boosting digital skills ad competencies for librarians in Europe” EU project, the formation of the qualifications regarding the profession of the Librarian in the Greek public sector, was completed. This is addressed through a uniform regulation of the merit list and classification of Public Sector bodies in Greece – the respective legal arrangements shielded the librarian profession and limited any up-to-date problems it has faced regarding the qualifications required for job placements in Libraries through open public job contests.
All librarians involved in the BIBLIO activities in Greece have recognized that the project offered them new opportunities and that this is the best way to achieve sustainable results.
It is envisaged that these opinions will be expressed by the Greek BIBLIO participants in the modular training activities, who will be involved in the upcoming transnational BIBLIO policy event to be organized online on 28th March 2023.
- The DAISSy Research Group of the HOU is the Greek partner of the BIBLIO project (ERASMUS+ / 612411-EPP-1-2019-1-IT-EPPKA2-SSA) and implements it, in cooperation with the Distance Library and Documentation Centre (DLIC) of the HOU, associate partner.
👀 Stay tuned and remember to visit the site of the BIBLIO project and check the “Stories” of the BIBLIO partners! https://www.biblio-project.eu/stories/
➡️ For more information about the BIBLIO project as well as other activities of the DAISSy-HOU:
- Website: http://daissy.eap.gr/en/ https://www.biblio-project.eu/
- Facebook : @DAISSyResearchGroup, @DigitalBiblio
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daissyresearchgroup/
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/daissy_research, @digitalbiblio
- Instagram: @daissy_researchgroup
- Email: email@example.com