Our greatest success is the feeling of accomplishment our trainees feel. But let’s hear it from them!
This is Desislava Duleva talking about her experience attending the CECO (Community engagement and communication officer) training course, from Bulgaria.
In the next following weeks, we will get to know other trainees from all around Europe, make sure to follow us! #DigitalBiblio #wblstoriesPublic Library Gorna Oryahovitsa, Veliko Tarnovo region – Desislava Duleva
- Why did you decide to take part in the BIBLIO course?
I decided to participant in the BIBLIO course because I wanted to gain new knowledge and skills relevant to my work in the library.
- What change do you want to make in your library?
I want to increase the number of readers, to encourage conversations between readers and librarians, and to build a new site where users will have access to the library’s electronic catalogue.
- Tell us more about the work-based learning – how does it work, what do you expect from it, how do you work with your mentor?
Work-based learning helps me come up with and develop different projects while also encouraging me to think creatively. I work well with my mentor, who gives supportive feedback when I share my ideas.
- What is, in your view, the future role of libraries?
The role of libraries in the future will be as modern information centres where people will come to educate themselves, share experiences and develop their creative and communicative skills.
- If you have to explain to people in one sentence why they should come to the library and what they will find there, what would you say?
Anyone can come to the library to improve their professional skills, expand their cultural horizons and find information about anything and everything that interests them.