The DAISSy Research Group of the Hellenic Open University-HOU, on behalf of the BΙBLIO partnership, invites you to join the project presentation at the ALL DIGITAL Week 2022! The BIBLIO international event is entitled “BIBLIO-Exchanging ideas on transforming Libraries in the digital age” and takes place online on Tuesday 29th March 2022, 14:30-16:00 (CET).
- The main aim of the BIBLIO international webinar is to showcase the BIBLIO approach of boosting digital skills and competencies for librarians in Europe and also present the BIBLIO Specialisation Courses (SCs)currently undergoing. The SCs are part of the modular training programme for the competencies’ development included in the CECO and DIGY job profiles. The SCs are included in the BIBLIO blended training course and will be followed by the work-based learning activities.
- The DAISSy-HOU participates actively in the BIBLIO event through a speech entitled “Implementing IoT and Cloud Services for transforming remote e-resource access” delivered by Mrs Aggeliki GIANNOPOULOU. Emphasis will be put on the nature of Libraries throughout their long history, as organizations that preserve and promote the cultural heritage of countries. Libraries evolve and use new practices and methods to serve the demands of their users and react to their new roles arisen. As a result, the use of state-of-the-art technologies (such as cloud services) for connecting libraries with citizens worldwide, is highly recommended. In addition, while the role of public Libraries is changing, the part of the Internet of Things with technologies, such as the RFID machine to machine (M2M) communication, could enhance the efficient collection of data and create more extended user profiles.
- The DAISSy Research Group of the HOU is a member of the ALL DIGITAL network, is the Greek BIBLIO partner and implements the project in cooperation with the Distance Library and Documentation Centre (DLIC) of the HOU.
- Participation in the BIBLIO international webinar is free and the registration is still open:
- The BIBLIO international webinar is part of the #ALLDIGITALWEEK2022 campaign!