Many libraries support digital skills development in their communities and in order to showcase the best practices The Digital Skills and Jobs Platform invites libraries that are implementing initiatives on digital skill development to apply for the European Digital Skills Awards 2023.
The European Digital Skills Awards 2023 aims to recognize and promote projects and initiatives that are supporting Europeans in all areas related to digital skills. From 20 February to 8 April 2023, applications are open for projects and initiatives across 5 categories.
- Empowering Youth in Digital(i.e. projects to attract the younger public to ICT professions, media literacy initiatives for the younger public, emerging technologies courses for the younger public, hackathons, etc)
- Digital Upskilling@Work(i.e digital upskilling and reskilling initiatives in various sectors, facilitation of job placement of ICT professionals of all levels)
- Digital Skills for Education(i.e projects specifically aimed at digital upskilling for teachers and/or students and school administrations)
- Inclusion in the Digital World(i.e digital training and media literacy initiatives for the elderly, unemployed, vulnerable groups, accessibility)
- Women in ICT Careers(i.e projects specifically aimed at increasing the number of women ICT professionals or for the digital upskilling of women in the workforce or younger women in ICT)
The “Inclusion in the digital world” category aims to highlight and reward projects for different types of the public that are at higher risk of exclusion when it comes to digital skills. Elderly citizens, refugees, people with a disability, and people with low income, to mention a few, can experience difficulties in accessing digital tools in everyday life and in obtaining training for both basic digital skills and ICT professions.
The applications can include, for example, digital training at all levels and media literacy initiatives, job matching initiatives aimed at the disadvantaged public, and training in all types of digital accessibility (i.e. web accessibility).
So if you are running a project that focuses on digital inclusion, then this is the category for you! Apply now and tell us more about your project!
Applications are open from 20 February to 8 April 2023: to know who the finalists are, you will have to wait until the end of May, while the winners will be announced in June. A jury of experts at the European level will ensure the selection of the most significant projects.
More information on the #EDSA23 and how to apply: https://digital-skills-jobs.europa.eu/en/european-digital-skills-awards-2023-how-apply
Sources of information: https://digital-skills-jobs.europa.eu/en/edsa23-inclusion-digital-world