Our greatest success is the feeling of accomplishment our trainees feel. But let’s hear it from them!
Trainee from Valmiera Library – Egita Šaicāne
- Why did you decide to take part in the BIBLIO course?
Answer: I was interested in the learning process – theoretical studies, sessions with trainers, tests, practice combined with project development and implementation. I think this is the perfect set for learning new knowledge and skills.
- What change do you want to make in your library?
Answer: A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. By the improvement of the digital skills, the work of the entire team improves, arise opportunities to develop innovative services and solutions. My project is related to the development of training program for library professionals of branch libraries of Valmiera Library.
- Tell us more about the work-based learning – how does it work, what do you expect from it, how do you work with your mentor?
Answer: Work based learning is the opportunity to test what you have learned by solving different situations in real environment. In addition, the support of the mentor, its experience and knowledge are professional and at the same time informal. Mentor is like a traveling companion who helps carry the heavy hiking bag.
- What is, in your view, the future role of libraries?
Answer: Libraries will determine their own future role. It depends on how well the libraries will be able to identify and meet the needs of society. Even those needs that the society can`t even imagine yet.
- If you have to explain to people in one sentence why they should come to the library and what they will find there, what would you say?
Answer: I would ask a counter question – why not come to the library? I don`t think that there would be a single serious argument that would justify not visiting the library.