The BIBLIO Specialization Courses (SCs) are currently undergoing a modern educational process, that will enable learners to develop digital and transversal skills, fundamental for Library professionals in the digital era.
The Specialization Courses are part of the BIBLIO modular training programme targeting the competencies based on CECO and DIGY job profiles. They are perfectly comparable with the blended training course and the work-based learning activities that will follow.
The BIBLIO SCs in Greece are currently under implementation by DAISSy Research Group of the Hellenic Open University (HOU). Twenty-eight (28) highly motivated Library professionals take part in them. The trainees are devoted to the learning process. They express very positive impressions and actively use the BIBLIO e- platform, by exchanging with trainers and colleagues who take part in the SCs under parallel implementation in the BIBLIO partner countries Italy, Belgium, Bulgaria and Latvia.
More precisely, half of the Greek participants in the SCs, who are passionate about digitalising books, programming and data management, are specialized as Digital Transformation Facilitator-DIGY, whereas the other half of them who enjoy being in contact with the community, promoting reading and organizing events, are trained as Community Engagement and Communication Officer-CECO.
The DAISSy-HOU, which has longtime experience in the development of educational tools, MOOCs and learning platforms, has worked thoroughly to deliver a modern content of various BIBLIO SCs, such as:
- Browsing, valuing, searching, and filtering trusted data, information, and digital content
- Collaboration and sharing through digital technologies
- Copyright legislation
- User support (Identifying needs and responses)
- IT skills and troubleshooting
- Spotting opportunities
- Development of sustainable digital services
- Fundraising and Crowdsourcing
Participants who complete the BIBLIO SCs will be awarded a Certificate of completion and have the ability to experience the work-based learning activities of the BIBLIO blended training course.
- Find out more at: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalBiblio/posts/575569230618181
- Stay tuned to BIBLIO project at https://www.biblio-project.eu/stories/